BBC Earth Experience – Front of House Operatives
£14.01ph (£12.50ph + £1.51ph Holiday Pay)
Front of House (FOH)
Multiple Shift Patterns
Location: The Daikin Centre, Earl’s Court
Shifts: Full Time (up to 37.5 hours per week) + Ad hoc positions available (flexible hours / ability to pick up occasional shifts)
“TRAVEL THE WORLD AND JOURNEY THROUGH THE SEVEN CONTINENTS IN ONE EPIC EXPERIENCE”
We’re looking for team members to join us at the BBC Earth Experience, Earl’s Court, London.
BBC Earth Experience is London’s newest visitor attraction. Experience an unforgettable journey through the natural world and explore the extraordinary diversity of our seven unique continents on the most epic scale.
This immersive journey, with bespoke narration from David Attenborough, features breathtaking footage from Seven Worlds, One Planet, projected on multiple multi-angle screens using the very latest digital screen technology. The experience allows audiences of every age to observe, immerse themselves in, interact with and celebrate planet earth’s biodiversity, whilst also considering the challenges that our shared existence brings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
All of our opportunities will require the following skills, aptitudes and attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work and cooperate with others
- A positive and engaging attitude
- A values driven approach and passion for contributing to an open and inclusive organisation
- Strong level of spoken English
- Right to work in the UK (permanent residency or relevant working visa/ permit)
- Flexibility to work varying shift patterns, including weekends, evenings and public holidays
Our available opportunities would be suited to anybody with an interest in natural history, science, technology, customer service, cultural and visitor attractions.
Educate & Assist
BBC Earth Experience will not only celebrate the beauty of life on each of the seven continents, but also highlight the many challenges faced by nature in a modern world. David Attenborough will narrate the breathtaking footage from the BBC Studios Natural History Unit. You’ll be on our team to accompany the visitors on their 360 degree audio visual journey, as they roam free through the zones across the experience.
> Front of House Operatives: £14.01ph (£12.50ph + £1.51ph Holiday Pay)
Our Front of House team is responsible for ensuring an unforgettable visitor experience from the point of arrival and throughout their time at the venue. The Front of House team is responsible for delivering our box office and ushering services. Front of House operatives will report to the Front of House Supervisor.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Welcoming customers to the venue
- Acting as a standing steward positioned inside the experience
- Answering customer enquiries
- Scanning tickets
- Managing queues and entrance into the experience, working quickly to minimise wait times
- Processing payments
- Answering visitors questions and queries about the show & venue facilities
- To inspire visitors’ interest by sharing knowledge and key experience related information
- Assist visitors with locker use
- Supporting the FOH Supervisor in ensuring the visitor numbers are monitored and safety protocols are followed at all times (including monitoring fire exits)
- Directing visitors through the experience
Link to FAQs & Important Information: https://bbcearthexperience.com/
If you’re enthusiastic, proactive and friendly with solid customer service experience, we’d love to hear from you.
We strive to present opportunities for everyone and we welcome applications from everyone. We aim to attract people to work for us from a broad range of backgrounds with diverse attitudes, opinions and beliefs.
How to apply
Please click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button on this page to fill out an application form. As well as letting us know that you’re interested in this event, you’ll also be able to tell us if you’re interested in any other events.
For existing members of the team, please apply via your Zoho account. Please note these shifts will not feature on our PARiM platform until you have applied and been accepted via Zoho.
If you have any questions regarding our opportunities then please do not hesitate to contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0117 462 2579, where our dedicated support team are on hand to help support you with your application.