27/02 – 01/03/2020
Bristol Light Festival
Where and what
Bristol Light Festival will showcase light artists, creating a trail through the city centre. Each art installation will welcome visitors to see, experience and play. A mixture of international and Bristol based artists, this event will welcome locals and those visiting the South West. It’s free to attend and open to all, and will transform 6 central Bristol locations as you’ve never seen them before!
You will act as a steward at the light installations across the city. You will be placed at one artwork site, where you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will work with security and volunteers to monitor the number of people at each site, ensuring it does not become overcrowded
- You will welcome the public to the installation, giving assistance and directions as needed
- Give information about the event to members of the public
- You will work closely with security, volunteers and the event producers to help deliver a successful event
- Be friendly, approachable and helpful to all attendees
Shifts and arrival
You will work 4 shifts during the event, from Thursday 27th feb – Sunday 1st March. You will work between 7.5 and 11.5 hours each day, depending on the shift that you are assigned. Shifts start at 12.30pm or 4pm and will run until 11.30pm. On Sunday 1st March shifts will finish an hour earlier, at 10.30pm. You can expect to work between 31.5 and 45 hours depending on the shifts you are assigned.
There will be a briefing on Wednesday 26th February. You must be able to attend this briefing to work at this event. The timing of this briefing is still TBC, but will be in the evening. You will be paid for this briefing.
You MUST be able to work all days of the event, and attend the briefing, to be able to join us.
Skills and Experience
- You must have previous experience stewarding at events
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A good level of spoken English
- A love of working in the great outdoors!
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
How to apply
Applications for this event are closed.
Thur 27th February – Sun 1st March 2020
4 x 7.5 – 11.5 hour shifts
Total hours: 31.5 – 45 depending on shift pattern
£10.10ph (£9.01 + £1.09 holiday pay)
No – camping is not available
No – food is not provided