Bristol Light Festival
After a successful 2020 introduction, we cannot wait to welcome staff back to the Bristol Light Festival in 2021! Full details on roles, pay, T’s & C’s etc, will be confirmed early 2021.
Where and what
Bristol Light Festival will showcase light artists, creating a trail through the city centre. Each art installation will welcome visitors to see, experience and play. A mixture of international and Bristol based artists, this event will welcome locals and those visiting the South West. It’s free to attend and open to all, and will transform 6 central Bristol locations as you’ve never seen them before!
You will act as a steward at the light installations across the city. You will be placed at one artwork site, where you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will work with security and volunteers to monitor the number of people at each site, ensuring it does not become overcrowded
- You will welcome the public to the installation, giving assistance and directions as needed
- Give information about the event to members of the public
- You will work closely with security, volunteers and the event producers to help deliver a successful event
- Be friendly, approachable and helpful to all attendees
Shifts and arrival
Shifts are TBC. Hours are TBC.
Skills and Experience
- You must have previous experience stewarding at events
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A good level of spoken English
- A love of working in the great outdoors!
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
How to apply
Applications will open officially for this event in 2021. For now, please register your interest by subscribing to our mailing list. You will then be at the front of the queue for when we open applications early next year.
Feb 2021 (Official Dates TBC)
2020 rates were:
£10.10ph (£9.01 + £1.09 holiday pay)
2021 rates TBC
No – camping is not available
No – food is not provided