University of West England (UWE)
Sat 9th October 2021
University of West England (UWE) – Multiple Locations
Open Day Team
07:00 – 18:00
£11 ph (£9.82 + £1.18 Holiday pay)
Where and what
We’re looking for friendly, enthusiastic people to join the University Open Day Team at the University of West England (UWE – Bristol).
This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome perspective new students to UWE! We are looking for team members who are able to act as a first point of contact for Open Day attendees, with a view of providing guidance, information and directing visitors with excellent knowledge and customer service about the Open Day.
It’s both exciting and daunting to arrive at a perspective new University and we need you to help make it the best experience ever. If you’re willing to get involved and make a difference, then we want to hear from you!
- Act as the first point of contact for Open Day visitors are the university
- Communicate key information to perspective students
- Assist visitors with directions
- Work closely with campus security and university staff
- Be friendly and attentive to all campus users
Shifts and arrival
Shifts are during the core hours of 07:00 and 18:00
Skills and experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A loud voice will be handy
- A good level of spoken English
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
£11 ph (£9.82 + £1.18 Holiday pay). This will be paid via PAYE direct to your bank account.
How to apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button on this page to fill out an application form. As well as letting us know that you’re interested in this event, you’ll also be able to tell us if you’re interested in any other events.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample parking for staff on the university campuses. You will be given details about parking when you arrive on your first day. There are also plenty of bike racks if you choose to cycle to work. There is no free parking at at Temple Meads & Parkway.
- ⛺ Accommodation – There is no accommodation provided.
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There are a number of concessions available where you can buy lunch, and there will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE- Full appropriate PPE will be made available to you from the UWE security team. Should you prefer to wear your own face mask, you are more than welcome to so long as it is smart and does not have any logos on it.
- 👕 Dress code – Please wear smart black trousers, black shoes or boots, and a black t shirt.