University of West England (UWE)
University of West England (UWE) – Glenside OR Frenchay Campus
£10.10ph (£9.01 + £1.09 holiday pay)
Where and what
We are looking for stewards to join us at the University of West England (UWE – Bristol) as Covid-19 track & trace Stewards. Your working location will either be Glenside or Frenchay Campus and will be confirmed at your induction day.
We will be working for the UWE campus security team to help them manage the strict social distancing measures that they have put in place to enable the campus to open to their full cohort of students. Each steward will be positioned by one of the on campus food or drink concessions, enforcing the rule that all customers must have downloaded the NHS track and trace app, and scan the venue QR code before being permitted into the venue.
- To ensure all customers, staff and students have downloaded the NHS Covid track and trace app, and scan the QR code before entering your venue
- To regulate the flow of the queues into and out of concessions in university buildings
- Communicate with the queuing students & staff members and assist their movement to available servers while maintaining social distancing
- Work closely with campus security and university staff
- Discourage gatherings of groups of students in your area
- Be friendly and attentive to all campus users
Shifts and arrival
Due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, opportunities are being offered on an open ended basis. Immediate starts are available. Shift times are varied; most shifts are during our core hours of 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday, however some evening or weekend work may also be available.
Skills and experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A loud voice will be handy
- A good level of spoken English
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
Pay: £10.10 Per hour (£9.01 + £1.09 Holiday pay). This will be paid via PAYE direct to your bank account.
How to apply
If you have previously applied to work with Ethical Staff and have completed our staff registration form in 2020 please express your interest by emailing email@example.com indicating your availability.
If you are new to the team, please register your interest by applying through the link below.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample free parking for staff on the university campus. You will be given details about parking when you arrive on your first day. There are also plenty of bike racks if you choose to cycle to work.
- ⛺ Accommodation – There is no accommodation provided.
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There are a number of concessions available where you can buy lunch, and there will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE- Full appropriate PPE (a mask and Visor) will be made available to you from the UWE security team. Should you prefer to wear your own face mask, you are more than welcome to so long as it is smart and does not have any logos on it.
- 👕 Dress code – This role is supporting the campus security team, so please wear smart black trousers or combats, black shoes or boots, and a black t shirt.