11/8 – 16/8 2021 (Arrival 10/8)
Tue 10th Aug (Arrival day)
Wed 11th Aug – Mon 16th Aug 2021 (Work days)
Fistral Beach, Cornwall
8-11 hours available each day (4-5 days work available)
£10.65ph (£9.50 + £1.15 holiday pay)
YES – Camping festival
Where and what
Boardmasters is a British music and surf festival held on the beautiful Cornish coast at Fistral Beach and Watergate Bay in Newquay. Here it brings together over 50,000 people, all joined through a shared love of music, surfing, wellbeing and the outdoors.
After having a tough few years, Boardmasters returns on 11th – 15th August 2021 after two years off, promising to make up for lost time and host the best Boardmasters yet.
Set across the two stunning sites in Newquay for five days straight, Boardmasters curates a lineup of over 200 artists that perform over 12 stages at Watergate Bay. From international headliners through to breaking acts, expect an eclectic mix of genres, covering indie, pop, grime, drum and bass, house, rock and more.
Beyond the music, festival-goers also have the opportunity to get involved in Cornish language sessions, see a comedy show, chill out in Zennor Haven, or head to Boardmasters’ dedicated wellbeing area where you’ll find daily yoga classes, workshops, reiki and even an eco spa.
Meanwhile down at Fistral Beach, international surfers compete in World Surf Leagues Boardmasters Opens and Boardmasters Longboard Pro, while Boardmasters purpose built beach bar hosts DJ sets and parties each day.
FOALS, Gorillaz, Jorja Smith, Arlo Parks, Jamie XX, Sam Fender, Kano, Dizzee Rascal & MANY MORE TBA
We are looking for staff to join us as “Welcome Team Stewards” at Boardmasters Festival; welcoming festival-goers as they approach the festival. You’ll be there to help with directions, and encourage festival goers to take the necessary steps to comply with the conditions of entry.
Attendees will either show proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of the day they are attending, or provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated by the NHS in England.
Our stewards will be reminding attendees to have their evidence ready, either via the NHS App, or a printed alternative, to enable them entry.
You’ll be required for shifts ranging in length from 8-11 hours per day, with between 4 – 5 days of work available.
Skills and Experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A loud voice will be handy
- A good level of spoken English
- A love of working in the great outdoors!
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
How to apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button on this page to fill out an application form. As well as letting us know that you’re interested in this event, you’ll also be able to tell us if you’re interested in any other events.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample free parking available for crew.
- ⛺ Accommodation – This is a camping festival! You will need to setup your own tent
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There are a number of concessions available where you can buy breakfast, lunch, dinner etc, and there will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE- Full appropriate PPE will be made available to you. Should you prefer to wear your own face mask, you are more than welcome to so long as it is smart and does not have any logos on it.