COVID-19 Lateral Flow Testing (LFT) Site Stewards and Security
Bath City Centre, Keynsham (Bristol) & Midsomer Norton (North Somerset)
SIA Door Supervisors & Stewarding
£10.65 per hour (£9.50 + £1.15 Holiday pay)
Where and what
We are looking for Stewards and SIA door supervisor licence holders to support the queue management, security and safety of the Covid-19 Lateral Flow Testing (LFT) operations across three new sites in Bath City Centre, Keynsham (Bristol) and Midsomer Norton (North Somerset).
This is an essential key worker role assisting the team providing LFT tests which provide a result in as little as 30 minutes, forming a key part in local communities fight in controlling Covid-19 and its impact.
We are looking for adaptable team players, with a strong work ethic and customer centered approach to help the smooth running of the operation.
You will be managing the external queuing system for the venues, ensuring customers maintain social distancing in the queues, are wearing face coverings and obtaining a digital temperature check from all customers on arrival.
You will also be responsible for the safety of staff, volunteers and members of the public while they are on site and need to follow all venue specific procedures to ensure the ongoing safe operation of the venue. You will also be responsible for assisting in the removal of anyone from the building if instructed to do so by the centre manager.
This is a front line role, involving lots of customer interaction so you need to love dealing with members of the public and have a warm and positive approach to customer service.
We need both SIA door supervisor licence holders, and stewards for these locations.
Shifts and arrival
Due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, opportunities are being offered on an open ended basis, with start dates of Friday 26th February For Bath, and Friday 6th March for Keynsham and Midsomer Norton.
Shift times are approximately 06:30-19:00 each day with an hours lunch break and additional comfort breaks arranged at the managers discretion.
Shift patterns will be offered as 3-4 shifts per week (aprox 36-40 hours per week).
Weekend and weekday shifts available, and some flexibility will be required.
Skills and experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A good level of spoken English
- You must be a UK resident and have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills – facilitating the ability to give clear and concise instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly – providing support across different roles where necessary
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and physically stand for several hours
- High attention to detail and strong time keeping skills
- Ability to follow the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Comfortable wearing PPE (face Masks, Gloves, Visors and Gown)
- Willing to undertake daily lateral flow test at the start of every shift
All operatives – £10.65 per hour (£9.50 + £1.15 Holiday pay)
This will be paid via PAYE direct to your bank account.
Higher rates available for SIA badge holders.
How to apply
If you have previously applied to work with Ethical Staff and have completed our staff registration form in 2020 or 2021 please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your availability.
If you are new to the team, please register your interest by applying through the link below.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample free parking for staff at each of the test sites. You will be given details about parking when you arrive on your first day. There are also plenty of bike racks if you choose to cycle to work.
- ⛺ Accommodation – There is no accommodation provided.
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink, store food in a fridge and use a microwave.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE- Full appropriate PPE (a mask and Visor, plus hand sanitiser and gloves) will be provided and it is compulsory to use the medical grade PPE provided. You will not be able to wear your own face mask.
- 👕 Dress code – The role will be based outdoors, and you will be on your feet for the majority of your shift. This is a security role, and we require you to wear black trousers/ combats, and a black outer layer/ jacket displaying no company logos.