Testing and Site Operatives – Covid-19 Lateral Flow Testing (LFT)
Bath City Centre
Testing and Site Operatives
£11 per hour (£9.82 + £1.18 Holiday pay)
Where and what
We are looking for Testing and Site Operatives to support the Covid-19 Lateral Flow Testing (LFT) operations in Bath City Centre.
This is an essential key worker role, helping participants through the end-to-end testing experience from arrival and registration, through the test itself and the processing and result delivery.
LFT tests provide a result in as little as 30 minutes, forming a key part in local communities fight in controlling Covid-19 and its impact.
We are looking for adaptable team players, comfortable in undertaking both Testing and Site Operative roles depending on the requirements at the testing centre.
All staff will be expected to undertake a day long paid training session to fully prepare for undertaking each of the roles required on site across a shift. Daily roles and activities include managing social distancing through orderly queuing, supporting participants through registration, providing verbal guidance on the testing process and regular cleaning of the site, preparing and processing tests, basic data entry for results and adhering to all social distancing and PPE policies on site.
The Site Operative role is a participant-facing role, responsible for supporting the participant through the end-to-end testing experience and supporting wider site operations.
The Testing Operative supports the preparation and analysis of test samples, and recording of results.
The safety of the workforce and participants is the foremost priority for all testing operations; full PPE and strict infection control measures will be employed in order to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
We are also looking for Team Leaders to help supervise the centres as well as undertake all other responsibilities described above as needed. Please indicate your relevant supervisory experience on your application should you wish to be considered for a team leader role.
- Receives sample and prepares for analysis, including application of reagent
- Times sample and indicates when ready for sample analysis
- Reads the result on test device and marks result on device
- Enters result onto computer/ tablet.
- Ensures social distancing is maintained in subject queueing areas and identifies and asks symptomatic subjects to leave the site
- Greets participants at arrival, asking them to sanitise hands and ensures the subject is eligible for testing
- Directs subject to available testing stations and then the following completion of swabbing
- Provide verbal instruction on how to complete self-swabbing
- Deals with participant queries, and supports participants with accessibility requirements as appropriate
- Supports general site set up and maintenance, including supplies management and regular cleaning of testing stations throughout the day
- Ensure safe clinical measures, including practicing social distancing and donning and doffing of PPE, at all times
Shifts and arrival
Shift times are approximately 06:30-19:00 each day with an hours lunch break and additional comfort breaks arranged at the managers discretion.
Shift patterns will be offered as 3-4 shifts per week (approx 36-40 hours per week).
Weekend and weekday shifts available, and some flexibility will be required.
Skills and experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A good level of spoken English
- Experience with data recording/entry – comfortable using ipads/ smartphones to record results
- You must be a UK resident and have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills – facilitating the ability to give clear and concise instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly – providing support across different roles where necessary
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Comfortable using Smart Phones/ Tablets and using online forms
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and physically stand for several hours
- High attention to detail and strong time keeping skills
- Ability to follow the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Comfortable wearing PPE (face Masks, Gloves, Visors and Gown)
- Willing to undertake daily lateral flow test at the start of every shift
All operatives- £11 per hour (£9.82 + £1.18 Holiday pay). This will be paid via PAYE direct to your bank account.
Higher rates available for Team Leaders
How to apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button on this page to fill out an application form. As well as letting us know that you’re interested in this event, you’ll also be able to tell us if you’re interested in any other events.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample free parking for staff at each of the test sites. You will be given details about parking when you arrive on your first day. There are also plenty of bike racks if you choose to cycle to work.
- ⛺ Accommodation – There is no accommodation provided.
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink, store food in a fridge and use a microwave.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE – Full appropriate PPE (a mask and Visor, plus hand sanitiser and gloves) will be provided and it is compulsory to use the medical grade PPE provided. You will not be able to wear your own face mask.
- 👕 Dress code – The role will be based indoors, and you will be on your feet for the majority of your shift so please wear comfortable shoes/ trainers. Please wear black/ dark clothing with no visible logos.