Shopping Support Team
University of West England (UWE) – Frenchay Campus
Delivery Driver, Drivers Mate, Reception Team
7 – 9 hours per day
£11 Per hour (£9.67 + £1.32 Holiday pay)
Where and what
We are looking for Drivers, Drivers Mates and welcome point team members to join us at the University of West England (UWE – Bristol) to assist the smooth delivery of groceries and hot food to students isolating on campus. This Role will be based at the UWE Frenchay campus.
Both Drivers and Drivers Mates will work together to chaperone supermarket delivery agents to student halls, and then deliver shopping directly to the flats of students who are isolating. This role will involve carrying shopping up stairs so applicants must be physically fit enough to do this regularly.
The reception team member will be responsible for talking to all delivery drivers arriving on campus, and arranging a chaperone to escort them to various halls. This role requires exceptional organisational skills as well as high levels of confidence communicating with people.
- To adhere to covid safe working policies and use PPE provided at all times
- Chaperone delivery drivers to student halls
- Safely collect shopping, and deliver it by hand to student flats.
- Work closely with campus security and university staff
- Be friendly and attentive to all campus users
Shifts and arrival
Due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19, opportunities are being offered on an open ended basis. Immediate starts are available. Shift times are AM- 06.30-14:00 and PM 14:00- 21.30. Weekend and weekday shifts available, and some flexibility will be required.
Skills and experience
- You must have previous customer service, stewarding or similar experience
- Enthusiastic, polite and super confident
- A loud voice will be handy
- A good level of spoken English
- You must be a UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
- You must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
- All drivers must have a full UK driving licence with less than 4 penalty points
£11 Per hour (£9.67 + £1.32 Holiday pay). This will be paid via PAYE direct to your bank account.
How to apply
If you have previously applied to work with Ethical Staff and have completed our staff registration form in 2020 please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your availability.
If you are new to the team, please register your interest by applying through the link below.
- 🚌 Travel – There is ample free parking for staff on the university campus. You will be given details about parking when you arrive on your first day. There are also plenty of bike racks if you choose to cycle to work.
- ⛺ Accommodation – There is no accommodation provided.
- 🥪 Food – There is no food provided with this role. There are a number of concessions available where you can buy lunch, and there will be a staff break area where you can make a hot drink.
- 💧 Water bottles – We minimise our use of single use plastic, this includes plastic water bottles. So please make sure that you bring a reusable water bottle or invest in one if you haven’t already – they’re great!
- 👕 PPE- Full appropriate PPE (a mask and Visor, plus hand sanitiser and gloves) will be made available to you from the UWE security team. Should you prefer to wear your own face mask, you are more than welcome to so long as it is smart and does not have any logos on it.
- 👕 Dress code – This role is supporting the campus security team, so please wear smart black trousers or combats, black shoes or boots, and a black t shirt. These roles will be working mostly outside so please ensure you wear thermals/ wrap up warm for work.