Ethical Staffing Privacy Notice
Ethical Event Staffing Ltd, Company number 9549843. Registered address: Kambe House, 34 Portland Square, Bristol, BS2 8RG.
When you sign up to our mailing list or apply to work at an event we need to collect some information about you. This privacy notice sets out exactly how and why we process your personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect a range of information from you. If signing up to our mailing list, this will only be your name and email address.
If you are applying to work with us we will collect information that includes your contact details and other necessary information to check your right to work in the UK. We also collect information to help keep you safe. This includes medical or access requirements (if applicable) and your emergency contact.
- Key details – Your name, date of birth, photo, address, email address, telephone/mobile number, what ID documents you will be providing and experience or skills relevant to your application.
- Your previous experience & skills / Your CV – We will keep your CV on file and records from your application about your experience and skills
- Medical/Access requirements – This ensures we can contact you to discuss any support you need.
- T-Shirt Size – We need this to allocate your hi-vis or t shirt where provided.
- Dietary requirements – Whether you are vegetarian / vegan or have food intolerance or allergies that we need to be aware of.
- Emergency contact – Who we can contact in case of an emergency
- Travel information – Details about your travel plans or vehicle registration if you’ve requested a parking pass
- Criminal convictions – Should you have any unspent criminal convictions, we will ask you to declare this and then be in touch to make sure we are able to support your application.
Why is this personal data being collected?
Your personal data is collected for a number of reasons.
- We have a legal obligation to collect certain information, such as information for payroll and your ID documents to check your right to work in the UK
- So we can contact you regarding your application and in the future if you continue to work for us
- For accreditation onsite at events so you can receive a wristband and access to the event to work
What do we use your personal information for?
- Internal record keeping
- To contact you regarding your application
- To personalise your experience
- To contact you about opportunities which may be of interest
- So we can contact you with queries and questions, or to contact you when you are working for us
How is the data being collected?
This data will be collected using the following methods:
Mailing list sign ups will be collected using Mailchimp via. our website
All other information for applications are collected via Google Forms or by your directly emailing us.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or our clients, where we have a prior agreement that they will process and store your information in accordance with Ethical Staffing’s instructions and to our security and privacy standards.
Ethical Staffing will share your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Event venues / event organisers / event suppliers (This is only shared when necessary, such as for accreditation purposes, and is only shared for each specific event that you work. We will only share minimal necessary information)
If Ethical Staffing no longer needs personal information for the original purpose for which it was collected we will delete/destroy it in accordance with our data destruction practices unless we have a legal obligation to retain personal information for a certain period.
What legal basis do we have for processing your data?
The Company will collect your personal data and will process it to be able to offer you opportunities at our events. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
How do we protect your information?
All the information you give us will be stored securely in the Ethical Staff offices and IT systems and our contracted suppliers’ IT systems. We treat any information that you voluntarily give to us as confidential. All data is kept on a secure system that is monitored to prevent intrusion or loss of data.
How can I see what information you have about me?
If you have any further questions or comments concerning your privacy, wish to access your personal data held about you, delete, or update information we hold about you, please contact the Ethical Staff team on email@example.com or Ethical Staffing’s Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
34 Portland Square
You also have the right to see, update, restrict, object to the use of, or withdraw your data at any time and at no cost. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
You have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to the processing of your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the public body responsible for information rights. More information can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk, or you can write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Feedback and comments
We strive to communicate our privacy information to our crew in a clear and concise manner, we welcome any questions or feedback on this document, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to provide us with any feedback.